Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Best cake recipe I have ever used submitted to me by a co-worker's wife. (who is now deceased) You will need 2 round cake pans, greased lined with greased wax paper, Thick pan for bringing 1st 3 items to boil, a bowl for dry ingredients.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 2 eggs
- Flour 2 round cake pans - set aside ~ preheat oven to 375.
- 2 Cubes of butter, 4 Tbs Cocoa, 1 Cup of water: Bring to a boil.
- While cooling use another bowl mix together the following ingredients:.
- 2 Cups Sugar, 1 tsp Soda, dash of salt, 2 Cups of flour, 1 tsp of cinnamin, add Dry ingredients to hot mixture above.
- Then add 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/2 Cup of sour milk (1/2 C mil, 1 Tbs vinegar), 2 eggs.
- Beat together until well mixed.
- Fill the cake pans equally with the batter and bake for 40 Minutes (test).
- Remove from oven and turn pans over on a cake rack. remove wax paper.
- When cooled frost cake with chocolate frosting recipe of your choice.