1/1 Photo of Mirabelle-Rosemary Jam
Mirabelles (also called sometimes yellow plums) are not as tart as plums can be. These small fruit goes well together with a herb like rosemary. To balance the flavors I add here vanilla, which helps to blend the flavors well without being dominating. To make it fruity I add lime juice and use again the Dr. Oetker's super gelling sugar 3:1. This sugar contains already pectin and you need on 1/3 of the fruit weight as additional sugar. The taste? I love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit the mirabelles and weight 720 grams. Puree them to a degree you would like th fruit to be in your jam. I use the food processor for mashing.
- 2Put them mirabelle puree into a suited pot and add the super gelling sugar and mix.
- 3Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrap out the seeds. Put seeds aside.
- 4Add vanilla bean halves and the rosemary sprigs to the fruit mixture. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- 5Take from heat and remove rosemary sprigs and vanilla bean halves.
- 6Add lime juice and vanilla seeds and mix.
- 7Fill into prepared twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 8NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (the use 360 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.
- 9NOTE on "yellow plums". Use mirabelles, which are very small yellow plums. They are different from plums though. Mirabelles is not recognized as an ingredient. So I used the term yellow plums.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mirabelle-Rosemary Jam
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: