Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A real Mexican dish. This is my first attempt at a Mexican dish and I wanted to make it very simple, but very tasty.
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 minute steaks (beef)
- 300 g button mushrooms, left whole
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) bottleshop bought taco sauce
- chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and fry for 1 minute on each side on fairly high heat.
- (add other spice if desired) Place the cooked steaks into a serving dish and Place in the oven to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook on high heat and lightly brown.
- Remove from pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- Pour the taco sauce in the pan and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Place the mushrooms and steaks on a plate and pour the taco sauce over the steaks.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Great mexican dish yummy simple and tasty.
Taco sauce belongs on tacos and the like, NOT on steak. If you don't believe me, ask any Mexican!