Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cut this out of a magazine years ago. Puts a nice little Italian twist on Cube Steaks and is quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (6-7)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce (1 cup)
- Beat together egg, water, and pepper.
- Combine crumbs and half the cheese.
- Dip steaks in egg mixture, then in crumbs.
- In skillet, brown steaks in hot oil.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Arrange steaks in 10x6x1 1/2" baking dish; cover with pizza sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Very good recipe, I'd make it again. Thanks!
Very good. We ate it all up, although next time I think I'll use spaghetti sauce, since the pizza sauce wasn't as well-received as I thought it would be.I did make one change. In addition to the Parmesan sprinkled on top, I added a slice of mozzarella to each one shortly before I took it out of the oven. Yum! This will be repeated.
This was so quick and easy to make. I also served salad and noodles with it. This is a keeper.