Recipe by Oolala
I still like minute steaks, in some places they are called "chicken steaks" and they are small. This is from a CT community cookbook.
Top Review by bethel
A great recipe for a week night when you need a fast meal that doesn't taste like one. I actually brushed the steaks with a little olive oil, pepper, the garlic powder & seasoning salt and cooked them on the George Forman while I prepared the sauce. The only other change I made was to add 1/2 tsp of minced garlic to the sauce. It came out perfectly!
- 8 minute steaks, enough for 4
- garlic powder, to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- 1⁄4-3⁄8 cup margarine
- 2 large onions, cut up
- 12 large mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the steaks with garlic and season salt on both sides and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet and saute the onions and mushrooms.
- Add the wine and cover the skillet and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in the oven, broil steaks for 5 minutes on each side, until done.
- Add to the pan and coat with sauce mix.
- Serve sliced with sauce.