Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I was so glad to see this posted ~ I made for dinner last night from the SL Annual. The dish is very easy to make and the flavor is great. I made it as posted and had dinner on the table in a little over 30 mintues. I served with mashed potatoes.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (reduced fat is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed sirloin steak
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper over steaks.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the remaining salt and pepper, and flour; dredge steaks in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, let the oil get hot over medium-high heat; fry steaks 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and thyme to skillet; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir soup mixture into mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of skillet.
- Bring to a boil and return steaks to skillet.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until done.