From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (reduced fat is ok)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 lb cubed sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1In a bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- 2Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper over steaks.
- 3In a shallow dish, stir together the remaining salt and pepper, and flour; dredge steaks in flour mixture.
- 4In a large skillet, let the oil get hot over medium-high heat; fry steaks 2 minutes on each side.
- 5Remove steaks, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 6Add mushrooms and thyme to skillet; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Stir soup mixture into mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of skillet.
- 8Bring to a boil and return steaks to skillet.
- 9Cover, lower heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minute Steak With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 1502.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 28.8 g