Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the clippings files. This recipe is for 1 but could easily be adjusted for more.
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef cube steak
- 1 slice boiled ham, sliced thin
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of steak.
- Layer ham and cheese on top of steak; rolling up, enclosing ham and cheese.
- Secure seam with toothpicks or tie with string.
- Coat with flour.
- In a small skillet, brown steak on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Cut 3 diagonal slashes in top about 1/2-inch deep.
- Cover and reduce heat; cook about 10 minutes or until done.