Recipe by Bitsie
Fast and easy lunch when you want a gyro and just don't want to go out. Recipe given to me by a friend who is afraid of lamb.
Top Review by mommyoffour
I made these last night and we all liked them. DH said they were good but not the same as our local greek take out. However, he followed that with, "you should make these often"....lol. I am always on the lookout for ways to use my minutes steaks and I think I've found another good one. I did add a little fresh dill to the yogurt sauce as we like that, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Thank you for a great recipe.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 (10 ounce) minute steaks, cut crosswise into 2 x 1/4 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 large pita breads, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, oregano, coriander, salt and allspice in small bowl.
- Pat minute steaks dry on paper towel.
- Add steaks to spice mixture.
- Cook steaks in oil skillet over medium heat until desired doneness; 2 to 3 minutes for rare.
- Spoon into pita.
- Garnish with onion& chopped tomato.
- Serve with Yogurt Sauce of 1/2 c.
- low fat plain yogurt, 1/4 c.
- chopped cucumber, 1 tbsp.
- chopped onion, and 1/4 tsp.