Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite meals to eat, this is sooo easy and can be done in about 30 minutes. Goes great with mashed potatoes and rolls of some kind are a MUST to sop up the extra mushroom sauce.
- 4 minute steaks (if you don't see this cut of meat, ask the butcher)
- oil, for frying
- self-rising flour, for dredging
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice mushrooms (if using fresh) and saute in butter until tender.
- If using a can, drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Salt minute steaks and dredge in flour.
- Fry until breading is brown.
- **Make sure when frying you leave the meat long enough for the breading to fry until it sets, as it will fall off if not fried long enough.
- This is what makes it GOOOOD!
- When the meat is fried, place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish and keep warm.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet and remove the rest.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, and mushrooms, stirring constantly.
- Let soup simmer on med-low heat until throughly heated.
- Pour over warm meat and serve.
This dish was delicious! But then, how could you possibly go wrong with steak and mushrooms?? Add frying the steaks in butter added a nice, subtle flavor. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, it'll definitely be added into our menu cycle. Thanks!
Very good! I used 1 can of soup as that was what I had on hand, added my sauteed mushrooms, cream and beef broth left over from a roast. Next time if I plan ahead better I will soak the steaks on buttermilk to tenderize them
What a comforting Sunday dinner. I made this tonight, except after making the sauce I added the meat back into it for a few minutes. I served this with mashed potatoes and a veggie. This is a great recipe.