Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another classic from Minute Rice - So tasty - For a "S'more" style version, substitute crumbled crackers for the chopped toasted pecans.
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked minute rice instant rice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt in a large sauepan; bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg with the vanilla. Stir some of the hot rice mixture into the egg; beat the warmed egg mixture back into the remaining rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set on a cooling rack. Place a piece of wax paper directly on the surface; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to broil. Spoon the pudding into oven-safe serving dishes. Top each dish with an equal amount of marshmallows, chocolate and pecans.
- Broil on the middle rack in oven for 30-60 seconds or until the marshmallows are golden and the chocolate is melted. Garnish with whipped cream (if using).