Recipe by Okiegirl
This is a very easy rice pudding recipe. It was one of my favorite treats as a child. When my mother made this I was one happy girl. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you don't like raisins you can leave them out as it is just as good without them.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 5 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place raisins in a microwaveable bowl and add enough water to cover. Microwave for approximately 1 minute. Set aside while making pudding. (If you do not like raisins you can skip this step.).
- In another small bowl combine 2 egg yolks with 4 T. milk.
- Combine last 8 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, slowly add egg mixture, stirring rapidly.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain as much water off the raisins as you can.
- Add raisins to rice mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- When cooled enough store in refrigerator. Can be eaten warm or cold. I usually reheat a little in the microwave before eating the leftovers.