1/1 Photo of Minute Rice Pudding
This is a very easy rice pudding recipe. It was one of my favorite treats as a child. When my mother made this I was one happy girl. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you don't like raisins you can leave them out as it is just as good without them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place raisins in a microwaveable bowl and add enough water to cover. Microwave for approximately 1 minute. Set aside while making pudding. (If you do not like raisins you can skip this step.).
- 2In another small bowl combine 2 egg yolks with 4 T. milk.
- 3Combine last 8 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 5Turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, slowly add egg mixture, stirring rapidly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Drain as much water off the raisins as you can.
- 9Add raisins to rice mixture.
- 10Pour into casserole dish.
- 11When cooled enough store in refrigerator. Can be eaten warm or cold. I usually reheat a little in the microwave before eating the leftovers.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minute Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 162.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g