Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Slicing sausages into slices gives the illusion of meatballs when cooked. A fast and simple meat for your busy day.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 (19 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut sausages into 1/2" thick slices.
- (I find it is a lot easier to do this if the sausage are frozen).
- Cook over med-high heat, turning once, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- In food processor or blender, puree tomatoes; pour into skillet.
- Add tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain& return to pot.
- Add sauce; toss to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.