Recipe by charlie #5
This is a wonderful chocolaty, mint, sandwich cookie. A little time-consuming, but not hard to make, and so worth it. Unsure yields and where I got this recipe. Times do not include chilling time for the dough.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 50 -60 Andes mints candies, halved
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy.
- Melt chocolate chips and corn syrup together. When cool, add to butter mixture.
- Sift, flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture. Mix well and chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll 1/4 t of dough into a ball in the palms of your hands. Roll in granulated sugar. Place an even number of dough balls about 2" apart on a cookie sheet at a time. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Quickly flip half of the cookies over on the baking sheet and top with half of an Andes mint candy. Now quickly flip the other half of the cookies on top of the candy forming a sandwich.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container or freeze to enjoy later.