A fresh, unique salad that is sooooo incredibly delicious in the summertime when melons are fresh and juicy. VERY interesting ingredients blended together to create utter bliss. Enjoy! (You may omit the pine nuts if you are not crazy about them and substitute jicama- you can also play with the vinegar... try cider vinegar or red wine vinegar for a different twist or use basil rather than mint!) Oh, the possibilities!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, such as Vidalia, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, gently toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cut chilled watermelon into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Add onion, mint, olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Gently toss together.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, to taste- and set aside.
- 4Gently toast pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat, 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to burn. Set pine nuts aside to cool.
- 5Add cooled pine nuts and feta cheese crumbles to salad. Toss gently and serve.
- 6This salad can be made up to one day in advance- just cover and refrigerate to enjoy later.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minty Watermelon and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 675.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g