Recipe by English_Rose
A veggie treat, on the table in 20 minutes. Use feta or halloumi instead of mozzarella and stir through a handful of pitted black olives. Try green beans instead of asparagus.
- 9 ounces long grain rice
- 9 ounces asparagus, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 9 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1 ounce mint leaf, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop the rice into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes. Toss in the asparagus and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the rice is completely cooked and the asparagus is only slightly crunchy. Drain into a sieve and hold under the cold tap until cool.
- When the rice is cold, stir in the red pepper, oil, lemon zest and juice, mozzarella and mint leaves. Season well.