Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful cool drink. From the food section of my local newspaper. Cook time is chilling time.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar and water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place one strawberry and one mint leaf in each compartment of a 16 cube ice tray.
- Pour 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the chilled lemonade into the tray to fill.
- To serve, place 4 mint-strawberry ice cubes in a glass and add lemonade.
I halved this and going by the previous review I increased the quantity of strawberries. It had just the right hint for me...it is after all supposed to be lemonade. The mint gave it a really refreshing kick too.
An interesting idea... the ice cubes were visually pleasing and the idea of freezing lemonade was cool, but unfortunately the taste of the strawberries and mint didn't come out until well after the ice cubes had melted.