Recipe by Lene
This simple soup is bursting with fresh flavour and the colour is certainly vibrant. It's pure health in a bowl-packed full of goodness. To save yourself a lot of timebuy tender or young spinach that need no preperation. Simply use them straight from the bag.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 100 g of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 100 g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄4 liters hot vegetable stock
- 500 g Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions, garlic and chilli for 10 mins until softened and golden. Add the herbs and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook for 2 mins until just wilted. Add the lemon juice, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Using a hand blender, whizz the soup to a coarse puree. Ladle into warmed serving bowls, drizzle with natural yogurt, and grind over fresh black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.