Recipe by lilkittykt
Theses are adorable! They are always a hit at the children's school parties. They are the perfect size for the gingerbread houses made at school, with the small milk cartons!
Top Review by Elaniemay
I love making these cuties! I have a problem now though, I am currently living in South Africa and the seasons are reversed! I am thinking of putting them in floppy hats with sunglasses! LOL
- 14.79 ml butter, no substitutes
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 2.46 ml mint extract
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 0.06 ml blue food coloring
- 0.06 ml red food coloring
- 0.06 ml yellow food coloring
- colored sprinkles
- cake decorator decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extract and salt.
- Gradually beat in confectioners sugar, until mixture forms a ball.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough in a small bowl: add blue food coloring, and keep mixing until blended.
- Repeat with yellow and red food coloring; set aside.
- Using plain dough, make 16 balls.
- 8 with 1 tablespoon of dough for each, and eight with 1/2 teaspoon for each, Stack the smaller balls on top of the larger, making eight snowmen.
- Use the colored dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired.
- Add sprinkles and candies for eyes, noses and buttons, and mouths.
- Yield: 8 snowmen.