Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Theses are adorable! They are always a hit at the children's school parties. They are the perfect size for the gingerbread houses made at school, with the small milk cartons!
- 1 tablespoon butter, no substitutes
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 drop blue food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- colored sprinkles
- cake decorator decorative candies
- In mixing bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extract and salt.
- Gradually beat in confectioners sugar, until mixture forms a ball.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough in a small bowl: add blue food coloring, and keep mixing until blended.
- Repeat with yellow and red food coloring; set aside.
- Using plain dough, make 16 balls.
- 8 with 1 tablespoon of dough for each, and eight with 1/2 teaspoon for each, Stack the smaller balls on top of the larger, making eight snowmen.
- Use the colored dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired.
- Add sprinkles and candies for eyes, noses and buttons, and mouths.
- Yield: 8 snowmen.
I love making these cuties! I have a problem now though, I am currently living in South Africa and the seasons are reversed! I am thinking of putting them in floppy hats with sunglasses! LOL
I first had this at a party about 5 years ago and have been searching for the recipe ever since. yeahhhhhh