Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Snipped out of a Taste of Home holiday magazine, and glued onto a recipe card. Fun to make with older (9-12 age group) kids and really cute standing among a tray of Christmas cookies. I suggest using egg cups or custard cups to mix the three separated tablespoons of coloured dough in, to cut down on cleanup.
- Have three smaller bowls, or egg cups ready at hand.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extracts and salt. Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar. Knead by hand for 1-2 minutes or until mixture becomes pliable.
- To 1 tbsp of dough, add blue food colouring.and knead until blended. Add yellow food colouring to another tablesppon of the dough, and knead. Add red food colouring to another tablespoon of dough and knead. Leave remaining dough white.
- Cover work area with waxed paper. Roll white dough into a log. Remove one-fourth of the log, wrap it in additional waxed paper, and set aside.
- For the snowmen's bodies - divide the remaining log into 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- For the snowmen's heads - divide the reserved dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls. Stack 1 smaller ball on top of each larger ball.
- Use the coloured dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired. Add coloured sprinkles and candies for eyes, noses, mouths and buttons.