Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Be sure to hide these before you serve them, or somebody will take some! You may use parsley instead of mint, if you like. Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.
- 8 red new potatoes, scrubbed, patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, coarsely chopped (or fresh parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and arrange them in a serving bowl. While they are hot, toss them with the oil, coarse salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Gently toss in the mint, or parsley(or both, if you want!). Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!
These potatoes are really nice and very easy to make, perfect potatoes dish for when you have company and they don't take a lot of preparation time. I used both fresh mint from the garden and parsley. I tossed the potatoes with the dressing then arranged them in the serving dish. Thank you Sharon123
Made for Zaar tag. I wanted to make these with the mint, but the fresh mint leaves were way to expensive so I bought the parsely instead. I used a garlic & parsely flavored grapeseed oil instead of the olive oil. These turned out really good and are easy to make! Thanks!