1/7 Photos of Minty Mousse Pie Au Chocolat
1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe I adopted from the Recipezaar account. UPDATE May 30, 2006: This is great! The mint flavour somewhat dissipates but it is still lurking in there! As it was hot in my kitchen, the chocolate mixture never got to room temperature. Therefore, mine never really "set up" properly. So I froze it. That worked beautifully! It was like a fudgsicle in a pie shell. It was somewhat difficult to cut but it wasn't impossible. I look forward to making this again and again. It was a great treat on an unbearably hot day! Plus, it is nice to know that I have a special sweet treat hiding in my freezer just waiting for me! (Chilling time is not included)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium heavy gauge saucepan, combine 4 T sugar, cornstarch, and mint-chocolate chips.
- 2Gradually stir in milk.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture BOILS.
- 4BOIL 1 MINUTE; remove from heat.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl; cover surface of chocolate mixture with plastic wrap. Lay the plastic wrap on the surface as to prevent a skin from forming.
- 6Cool to room temperature (20 to 30 minutes).
- 7In a medium bowl, combine heavy cream with remaining 2 T sugar; beat until stiff.
- 8Remove plastic wrap from chocolate; beat well.
- 9Fold in whipped cream. (I left mine with some lumpy parts and we liked it like that.).
- 10Spoon into crust. (Depending on how high your whipped cream gets, you may end up with a REALLY full pie.).
- 11Chill until firm (about 2 to 3 hours).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minty Mousse Pie Au Chocolat
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.7
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g