Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
ZWT6 Isle of Man. "The combination of these flavours come together to make a really mouth watering treat. Tip: Prepare the lamb chops and the marinade 24 hours before serving. Or if your in a rush at least 4 hours" By gourmetshark on http://isleofmanfood.com.
- 6 lamb chops
- 2 table spoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemons or 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 glug olive oil or 1 vegetable oil
- 1 good pinch salt and pepper
- Whizz all the above ingredients together except the lamb chops or mash them up using a mortar and pestel until its nice paste.
- In a large plastic bag or bowl, mix the lamb chops with the marinade and either seal or cover. Then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Tip: Before you cook the lamb, remove it from the fridge and leave it to site for half an hour before cooking.
- Get a frying pan or griddle pan and get this really really hot, the hotter the better.
- Place lamb chops on the griddle pan and fry these for about 4-5 minutes each side or till they are to your required doneness (I like it a little pink in the middle, but not underdone.).
- Serve with potatoes of your choice and seasonal vegetables, I used roasted parsnip, roasted potatoes and some Kurly Kale.
This was great thank you. I used big shoulder chops (they aren't so pretty, but have great flavour!) and the lime option. I managed to marinate them 8 hours, but think overnight would be even better.