Recipe by Pepper Monkey
Makes a nice gift or decoration in your kitchen. For use in salad dressings or on steamed veggies.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 12 ounces white rice
- 20 ounces white vinegar or 20 ounces white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Peel lemon so that you have 2 or 3 strips of lemon zest (no white pith) that are at least 6 inches long.
- In a decorative jar place peeled garlic cloves, and white rice inside.
- Next put the lemon peels in and use a skewer or chopstick to arrange attractively.
- Pour in rice and mint leaves. Position with a skewer or chopstick of desired.
- Seal jar and let rest in a cool place for 2 weeks for flavors to infuse.
- Keeps in the refridgerator for 4 months.