Recipe by little_wing
Not sure where this one came from originally, and have made a few modifications, but it's still quite different than the lasagnas this Georgia girl is used to! Great with some spinach, eggplant or zucchini thrown in.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow, I really loved this. I thought I was going to miss having ricotta cheese in my lasagna, but I didn't. I didn't measure my mint, but I think I chopped up more than 2 tbsps. The only change I made was I sprinkled parmesan cheese over each meat layer and used more than 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top. I like your suggestion of adding spinach to this. I will do that next time. Thanx!
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounces tomatoes with juice
- 7 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add lamb to the pan and brown.
- Add mint salt, pepper, and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, undercooking slightly.
- Drain and let stand on paper towels until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine milk, flour, and butter in a small pan over med-low heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Coat 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Alternate layers of noodles with meat mixture beginning and ending with noodles.
- Spread white sauce over top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until brown and bubbly.