Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Modified from all-natural-dog-treat.com
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, finely chopped (you can include some stems if you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil and water.
- Slowly add flour and other ingredients until well mixed.
- Sprinkle flour all over a flat surface and roll dough out (flour the rolling pin first).
- Cut with bone-shaped cookie cutters and put the bones on a non-stick cookie sheet (or 2, if they won't fit on one).
- Bake 35 minutes. Turn oven off and leave treats in the oven overnight to make them crisp.
- Makes about 3 dozen small herbal dog treats (depending on the size of your cutter).
- Hint: They freeze well, but they'll last for approximately 1 month unfrozen.