Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing mint and crisp cucumber. I usually cut this in half for the two of us.
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (sour cream if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
- Press garlic, slice cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber.
- Place garlic, cucumber, onion and mint in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir yogurt with oil, salt and pepper until blended. Stir yogurt mix into cucumber mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Will keep well in fridge for a day.
- Can be served in lettuce cups.
This is exactly the way my grandmother used to make it! It's a nice light side dish to burgers or a Mediterranean dinner. She used to whip it up for lunch, also.