Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Fine Cooking magazine, this is a nice side dish.
- 236.59 ml corn, cut off cob (about 2 ears)
- 236.59 ml sweet onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml zucchini, chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml cumin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt 1 tbls. of butter with olive oil in a 10" saute pan over medium low heat. Add onions and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally till onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook until onions are a light golden brown. Stir often, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tbls. butter and zucchini. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Add corn, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring frequently, scraping bottom of pan to get up the little bits, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Add cumin, cook and stir another 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat.
- Add all but 1/2 tbls. mint, basil, chives and parsley. Add a few grinds of fresh pepper, a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Stir, let sit for 2 minutes, stir again. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tbls. mint over top.
- Serve warm.