Recipe by Chef53Kathy
Yep, another cookie recipe from the BH&G 2008 Christmas Cookie Book. These look both good and pretty. I believe that they used a glass with a decorative bottom to flatten the cookies, maybe cut glass, because they are imprinted with that type of design. I can't wait to try these, my DD loves mint and chocolate!!
Top Review by PickleLover
Very yummy, soft cookies! I am not a big cookie person but decided to make these up for friends, and they turned out very nice! The first few i made too big and they were too soft really for filling, then i got the idea to try my 'cookie press' with the flower disk, and they turned out perfect for sandwich cookies, and due to the hole left in the middle by it, i only had to bake them for 6 min. I used 'andes' creme de mint' baking bits for the filling and it worked great! :) Thanks for the great recipe, I'm already thinking about ways it can be varried :)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- granulated sugar, for dipping glass
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, pieces mint flavor
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer bowl combine the butter, sugar and oil. Beat till well mixed. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and beat until combined. Cover and chill about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and flatten with a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Bake for 7-9 minutes or just until firm. Cool on wire racks.
- Prepare filling by combining the condensed milk and chocolate in a saucepan and heating over medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to stand for one hour or until cool. Spread about a teaspoon of the filling on the baked side of the cookie and top with another baked side down.
- Prep time includes chill time.