1/2 Photos of Minty Cocoa Fudge Sandwich Cookies
1 hr 37 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Yep, another cookie recipe from the BH&G 2008 Christmas Cookie Book. These look both good and pretty. I believe that they used a glass with a decorative bottom to flatten the cookies, maybe cut glass, because they are imprinted with that type of design. I can't wait to try these, my DD loves mint and chocolate!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- granulated sugar, for dipping glass
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, pieces mint flavor
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1In a large mixer bowl combine the butter, sugar and oil. Beat till well mixed. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and beat until combined. Cover and chill about one hour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350*. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and flatten with a glass dipped in granulated sugar. Bake for 7-9 minutes or just until firm. Cool on wire racks.
- 3Prepare filling by combining the condensed milk and chocolate in a saucepan and heating over medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to stand for one hour or until cool. Spread about a teaspoon of the filling on the baked side of the cookie and top with another baked side down.
- 4Prep time includes chill time.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minty Cocoa Fudge Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.3
- Calories from Fat 481
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 120.8 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g