Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Better Homes And Gardens New Diabetic Cookbook. Exchanges 1 1/2 milk. Each serving is 1 cup. I plan to use sugar free peppermnint candies.
Top Review by Bay Laurel
This is a wonderful recipe. I used candy canes instead of round peppermint candies to downsize what I had left over from Christmas. Perfect. Very minty and easy. Thanks for sharing internetnut. I made this for Comfort Cafe January 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup heat stable sugar substitute, equal to 1/4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 striped round peppermint candies, finely crushed
- 6 cups nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan stir together the cocoa powder, sugar substitute or sugar, crushed candies, and 3/4 cup of the milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to boiling. Stir in the remaining milk; heat through. Do not boil. Remove from heat. If desired, beat with a rotary beater until frothy.
- Mocha Cooler: Prepare as above, except omit the peppermint candies; increase the heat stable sugar substitute to equal 1/3 cup sugar or increase the sugar to 1/3 cup. Add 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee crystals with the 3/4 cup milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining milk. Serve immediately over ice. (Or, cover and chill. Stir before serving over ice).