Recipe by HokiesMom
A torn out page from what I believe was a freebie insert printed by TOH. Please be aware that the dough needs to chill overnight or at least a minimum of 8 hours! Just a nice twist on a chocolate cookie. Was very well received at our annual cookie exchange. These are a CRISP cookie so if you are looking for a soft fluffy cookie this is not the recipe for you. The use of the Andes Mint as a type of frosting just takes these cookies over the top. This recipe makes 6 dozen cookies. Storage should be in an airtight container and use waxed paper between the layers of cookies.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
OMG are these soo Good!
Very easy to make the night before and bake the next day.
The only change I would make is I would make them into balls before putting in refrig.
My DH office could not get over how good these were.
My only problem is I can not leave these cookies in the house ~ I'll eat them all!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water (additional to the above)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4 2/3 ounce) packagesandes mint candies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and all the water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Transfer the chocolate to a large mixing bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Using a mixer on high speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Next day (or after 8 hours) preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops are puffed and cracked (cookies become crisp after cooling).
- Immediately top each cookie with an Andes Mint. Let stand for 1-2 minutes and then spread mint over cookie.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to completely cool.