Recipe by BelleTerre
This recipe has been a big hit on our family New Years Eve party for several years now. My sister-in-law was the first to make them, but where the recipe originated from I'm not sure.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 2⁄3 ounces Andes mints candies, unwrap and cut in half (28 ct.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Place cookies on cooling racks.
- While still warm place a piece of the mints onto each cookie until chocolate softens. (This will only take a minute or two.).
- With a toothpick swirl the mint around to "frost" each cookie.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- These can be made ahead of time and frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.