Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One word.... Refreshing. My mom loves these.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sugar (I use 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon food coloring, green (optional)
- chocolate glaze
- Preheat oven 350. Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter. In bowl, beat chcolate mixture with sugar, flour, 3 eggs and vanilla.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. In mixer bowl, beat chees, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk then remaining 1 egg, peppermint extract and food coloring (if desired). Pour over brownie layer. Bake 30 minutes or until set. Top with chocolate glaze. Cool, Chill and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Chocolate Glaze: Melt chocolate and small amount of butter in double boiler until creamy. Immediately pour over baked brownies.