Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Good Food Magazine January 2013
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling
- 500 g carrots, halved and cut into chunks
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 small bunch mint, chopped
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 100 g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip 1 tbsp of the oil, the carrots, chickpeas and cumin onto a baking tray, season and toss to coat. Roast for 30 mins or until the carrots are tender.
- Mix together the lemon juice, honey and remaining oil, then pour all over the roasted carrots and chickpeas. Leave to cool. You can chill the salad at this stage, for up to 1 day; just bring it out of the fridge 1 hr before serving.
- Mix through the mint, spinach leaves and pistachios, and check the seasoning. Scatter the feta over and drizzle with a little extra oil.