Recipe by grandma2969
These really work!
Top Review by AKillian24
Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Desperate to find something to cure Tucker's horrible breath - I tried this recipe. (We are thinking the food we temporarily switched to gave it to himmm). I didn't have peppermint extract, so I chopped up about a quarter cup of mint leaves and added them with the parsely, which did the job well. These REALLY did clear up that nasty little problem. ;)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- place first 4 ingredients in medium mixing bowl. blend with a whisk.
- add oil, honey, water and extract. mix well. knead for at least 1 minute --
- sprinkle half of the last 1/4 cup cornmeal listed over a sheet of waxed paper -- place dough on waxed paper. sprinkle remainder of this 1/4 cup cornmeal on top of dough.
- roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- cut with desired cutter or with a sharp knife and place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- bake at 350* for 40 minutes.