48 hrs 30 mins
Little mints that resemble Altoid size candies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g gum paste (from candy section of craft store)
- 0.97-1.3 ml essential oils, peppermint (food grade)
- 1.23 ml red food coloring (or sub paste or gel food coloring)
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 1Open bag of gum paste & add the peppermint (or other flavor of your choosing).
- 2Close bag & knead until well incorporated.
- 3Remove 1/2 of gum paste (cover & set aside).
- 4Add food coloring to paste left in bag & knead to incorporate.
- 5- From this point, you may want to wear some kitchen gloves (you know - thin, food handling type, so you don't end up with red hands. You may also want to work on parchment or a cutting board to keep your counter from possibly staining :) -.
- 6Remove red paste from bag, finish kneading color in, if necessary.
- 7Working fairly quickly, to avoid the candy drying out (you can use the powdered sugar to dust the surface you're working on).
- 8Split red & white pastes in half & roll in to 4 long, thin ropes.
- 9Place 4 ropes together & roll into one rope approximately 1/2 inch in diameter.
- 10With a very sharp knife cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 11If they squish a little, due to cutting, just press back in to round.
- 12Toss in a 9 x 13 baking pan and air dry for 48 hours.
- 13Package in little cellophane bags or little tins (washed), etc, from the craft store.
- 14NOTE - Cooking time is drying time.
- 15From Cheeky Kitchen 2011.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mints - Altoid Style
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: