Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice different way to prepare vegetables. It is tasty and healthy. Best done the day before.
- 200 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small green cucumber, chopped
- 50 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Rinse 8cm x 26cm bar pan in cold water.
- Beat cheese and yogurt in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in rind, herbs, cucumber, mushrooms, carrot and garlic.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in cup, stand in a small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved; cool slightly.
- Stir gelatin mixture into vegetable mixture, spoon into prepared pan, refrigerate overnight.
I've never had anything like this before, but it was good! A white jelly with bits of vegetables in it. I liked the ricotta-vegetable combination -- very fresh and healthy. I used a loaf pan as that was the closest I had to the size asked for in the recipe. I cut it into 8 slices and served as a side dish. Excellent summer recipe! (Just don't leave the leftovers in the fridge for several days like I did.)