Recipe by Latchy
This is a nice different way to prepare vegetables. It is tasty and healthy. Best done the day before.
Top Review by cpenner
I've never had anything like this before, but it was good! A white jelly with bits of vegetables in it. I liked the ricotta-vegetable combination -- very fresh and healthy. I used a loaf pan as that was the closest I had to the size asked for in the recipe. I cut it into 8 slices and served as a side dish. Excellent summer recipe! (Just don't leave the leftovers in the fridge for several days like I did.)
- 200 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small green cucumber, chopped
- 50 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse 8cm x 26cm bar pan in cold water.
- Beat cheese and yogurt in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in rind, herbs, cucumber, mushrooms, carrot and garlic.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in cup, stand in a small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved; cool slightly.
- Stir gelatin mixture into vegetable mixture, spoon into prepared pan, refrigerate overnight.