Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mint and spices add a Turkish flair to this yogurt-based marinade. The flavors are perfect with lamb or chicken kebabs. The marinade makes enough to marinate 1 1/2 pounds of meat, with some remaining to serve on the side. Recipe is from Bon Appeit magazine.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice and peel in small bowl until smooth. Add mint, garlic, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and allspice. Marinade can be made one day ahead of time and chilled.
- Marinate lamb or chicken in half of the marinade at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. Remove from marinade, leaving thin coating of marinade on lamp or chicken. Grill. Pass remaining half of marinade separately.