Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I thought I was through entering beverages till I ran across this tempting combo in the *Tomato Cookbook* of the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series ... another great way to use the wealth of rhubarb when in season or from your frozen reserves. This must be served immediately & makes 5 cups, but is easily halved for a smaller amt. *Enjoy* !
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 medium tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (chopped)
- Combine rhubarb, sugar & water in a med pan. Cover, simmer about 10 min or till rhubarb is tender & allow to cool.
- Just b4 serving, blend or process rhubarb w/remaining ingredients till smooth & serve immediately.
actually it sounds odd, but tastes pretty good like a fruity tomato juice. i would make this again <br/> made for southern quest cakepops on parade