Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful side with lamb or pork.
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In skillet, combine peas and apple juice; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on med for 2 minutes.
- Add mint and lemon, bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter and toss well.
Another yummy side dish to add to the weekly rotation! So light and fresh tasting! I did add a squeeze of the lemon juice too but no other changes. The best part is these peas will go with almost anything! Thanks for a great recipe!
My husband enjoyed these a lot, and I agree they were good, but nothing special. I probably prefer sugar snap peas steamed with just plain butter, salt and pepper on them instead. Somehow I think the apple juice made these a bit too sweet? They tasted better after salt and pepper was added.
I made these in my wok, and stir fried them quickly. Had along with Beef Tenderloin and Garlic Mashed Potatoes for a great meal last night for my mom for Mother's Day. We all loved this dish!