Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe out of Canadian Family magazine. It was very tasty.
Make and share this Minted Sugar Snap Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed 1lbs (500g)
- 6 green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, 25ml
- salt and pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add sugar snap peas, green onions and water. Cook, shaking skillet occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes, until peas are bright green and tender-crisp and water evaporated.
- Add mint or serve without. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve at once.
Very nice side dish to Indian Grilled Sour Cream–marinated Shrimp. Next time I will add even more mint. Used seasoning salt in place of regular salt which tasted nice. Cooked exactly 5 minutes to perfection, and mine were medium sized.
The mint added a special touch to the sugar snap peas. Great addition. I used 3 tablespoons of water. Made for ZWT 3
I could not find fresh snap peas so I attempted these with the frozen variety. Though this substitution often works, it did not do so in this case. Placing this as warning to others and promise to try with fresh soon.