- 6 cups strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 bunches of fresh mint (1-1/2 oz.)
- 2 -3 cups dry white wine such as sauvignon blanc wine
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve large berries; leave hulls on a few berries.
- Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Remove mint leaves from one bunch of mint. Stack 6 to 8 leaves together; roll the stacked leaves. Slice across the roll to create narrow strips.
- Repeat with remaining leaves.
- Add the shredded mint to strawberries just before serving.
- To serve, evenly divide the minted berries and juices among 8 glasses; pour wine over berries until just covered.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.