Recipe by Aioli_Queen
I came up with this last summer on a scorching hot day when I wanted something fruity but not too sweet. Dried mint and out of season strawberries are NOT a good idea here, so I suggest you save this recipe for when the strawberries are bursting with flavor in early summer:-)
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mint, chiffonade
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the halved strawberries in a large, chilled bowl, add sugar, mix and set aside.
- Chiffonade the mint by piling the the leaves together and then rolling them into a cigar shape and slicing with a sharp knife from end to end. You should get a pile of mint ribbons called a chiffonade.
- Add the mint to the bowl of strawberries, stir, and allow to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chilled cream and gently incorporate.
- Serve in chilled dessert bowls.