Recipe by Sharon123
A tropical drink from Jamaica, great summer drink! Hibiscus is used often in the Caribbean islands. Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Engrossed
This is a WONDERFUL REFRESHING and FLAVORFUL herbal tea! I used frozen raspberries and 2 Bigelow Red Raspberry quart size tea bags which contain: hibiscus, rose hips, raspberries, elderberries and apples. I also used Splenda and just about doubled it for a sweet flavor. Made for Zaar Tag.
- 1892.72 ml water
- 473.18 ml fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 6 hibiscus tea bags (or hibiscus and rose hips tea bags)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 8 mint sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil ini a large saucepan. Add the raspberries, mint, and tea bags. Remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature. Remove the tea bags, strain mixture through a sieve, reserving liquid. Discard solids. Add sugar and juice to tea, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Makes 8 servings.