Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An elegant low-calorie dessert from the book 'Simply Desserts' by Rosemary Wilkinson. This can be made a day in advance and chilled. Strawberries can be used in place of raspberries.Note : Time mentioned does not include chilling time.
- Reserve a few raspberries for decoration and place the remaining raspberries, icing sugar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process them until smooth.
- Press the puree through a sieve to remove the raspberry pips. Add the chopped mint. You should have about 600ml or 2 1/2 cups of puree.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of the gelatine over 2 tbsp of boiling water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir into 2/3 cup of the fruit puree.
- Pour this jelly into a 1 litre mould to chill in the fridge until the jelly is just on the point of setting. Tip the tin to swirl the setting jelly around the sides, and then leave to chill until the jelly has set completely.
- Stir the remaining fruit puree into the custard and yogurt. Dissolve the rest of the gelatine in 3 tbsp of boiling water and stir it in quickly.
- Pour the raspberry custard into the mould and leave it to chill until it has set completely. To serve, dip the mould quickly into hot water and then turn it out and decorate with the reserved raspberries and mint sprigs.