Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From weight watchers (3 points per serving).
Make and share this Minted Quinoa Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa (rinse throroughly)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections (drained)
- Bring salt and 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan and add quinoa.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes (until quinoa is translucent).
- Puree mint, yogurt, and orange juice in blender.
- Reserve a few strawberry and kiwi slices for garnish.
- In a large serving bowl combine fruit, drizzle with yogurt sauce, and toss to coat.
- Add quinoa, toss gently.
- Garnish with reserved fruit, and refrigerate 1- 2 hours before serving.
In place of the orange juice I used 1/2 orange. The quinoa must be drained if all water is not absorbed. Had a nice nutty flavor from the quinoa and refreshing flavor from the fruit? The creaminess from the yogurt dissipated. But then it `s great for the waist. I would go even more with the mint next time and squeeze some fresh lime juice in to.