Top Review by Bergy
Excellent tasty recipe. The peas were fresh but not sweet - I didn't have any fresh mint so I used 1 tbst of mint jelly. I cut the recipe in half. This is a lovely side veggie dish. I will make again when our peas & beans are in season with fresh mint.
- 2 lbs fresh peas, shelled (about 2 cups shelled peas)
- 1⁄2 lb wax bean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the peas and beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peas, beans, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the mint, and toss well.