Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adopted recipe that I haven't yet tried. The original chef comments: "Trust me, really. This salad is one of the best I have ever made. I came up with this about 5 years ago to use the fresh peas and mint I had in my garden. Let me know what you think!"
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 3 tablespoons mint, coarsely chopped, save extra for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh pepper
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, fresh
- 2 cups fresh green peas (or Petite frozen)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- red leaf lettuce, bed (to garnish)
- mint (to garnish)
- Combine all dressing ingredients, blend well, cover and chill.
- Cook tortellini, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Steam Peas (if using frozen, just thaw).
- Combine tortellini, peas, cheese and onion.
- Add dressing, tossing to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for at east one hour.