Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is light, low fat, and delicious
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced leek
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups peas
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- in pot, saute onions, leeks, scallions and garlic in olive oil until softened add peas and stock, bring to boil.
- reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- add chives and mint, cook for 5 minutes.
- with hand blender puree soup, season with salt and pepper.
- (may be poured into blender in batches).
Very mild and pleasant soup.
Leeks, Onions, Chives and Scallions (all in the onion family) added 3 dimentional flavor rather than just using just plain onions alone. The mint added such a refreshing touch to it. This is one of the best pea soup recipes you will find.